Medeco High Security Locks
Houston Safe and Lock is proud to be an authorized dealer and service center for Medeco High-Security Locks and Deadbolts. We are the only locksmith in Houston that offers a complete line of Medeco residential and commercial locks and deadbolts. Stop by our showroom or give us a call at 713-659-3951 to schedule an appointment with one of our licensed, bonded & insured locksmiths.
BUMP RESISTANT. PICK RESISTANT. SERIOUS SECURITY.
Medeco uses a patented key control system, which includes patents on the keys and the cylinder, to prevent unauthorized copies of keys from being made. Medeco’s patented lock design must have the angled cuts of a key to elevate and rotate the pins inside of the lock in order for the sidebar to drop, which is what allows the lock’s cylinder to turn. The pins have unique chiseled tip cuts which allow the pins to be rotated by the angled cuts on the key. There is a slot along the length of the pin from the sidebar to drop into once the pin has been rotated to its correct orientation.
Medeco Lock Benefits
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL) listed for use on fire doors
- Grade 1 certification with the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- Has ability to be incorporated into preset master key system
- Medeco deadbolt protects against bump, pry, drill, pick, and wrench attacks
- 1″ throw hardened steel bolt resists sawing and crowbar attacks
- Constructed from solid brass
- Can accommodate mortise and drive-in face applications
- Medeco Single Cylinder Deadbolt has large thumbturn for ease of use
- Medeco Double Cylinder Deadbolt available with a captive thumbturn
- Available in a variety of modern colors: Bright brass, antique brass, satin chrome, satin nickel, and oil rubbed bronze
Not Your Average Padlock
Medeco padlocks offer a high-security solution for a variety of indoor and outdoor applications. Available with or without a shackle, Medeco padlocks are made from a boron alloy steel that provides protection and resists cutting and pulling. The cylinders are comprised of hardened stainless steel, which stands up to various forms of vandalism. Medeco’s patented key control system prevents unauthorized duplication of keys, which maintains system integrity. Best of all, Medeco high-security padlocks can be keyed alike, different, or master keyed to match current hardware.
Medeco Padlock Features
- Accepts knob-style cylinders and large format interchangeable cores
- High-security cylinder certification
- Virtually pick-proof rotating, elevated tumbler pin system
- All brass cylinder components and construction for lifetime usage
- Available with either a 5/16″ or 7/16″ diameter shackle
THE “DO IT YOURSELF” HIGH-SECURITY LOCK
Medeco X4 Interchangeable Cores provide utility and patented key control for high-security applications. Using a control key, the cores are instantly removable and replaceable. They are designed to be convenient and user-friendly. A Medeco X4 Interchangeable Core is the perfect high-security lock solution for facilities and businesses with high turnover rates and is also recommended for hospitals, schools, and offices that require strict key control.
MEDECO X4 INTERCHANGEABLE CORE FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Cylinders are changed quickly and easily by personnel by using a control key which removes the core from the lock housing. A core with a new set of pins is inserted and the lock is then re-keyed. This procedure is completed without having to take the lock apart, which reduces expense by eliminating the need to call outside technical locksmith services to perform routine re-keys.
- Spool-shaped top and bottom pins add a measure of pick resistance
- Individual pin chamber caps provide for ease of servicing
- Locks can be keyed alike or keyed differently
- Can be incorporated into existing master key system
- Solid brass construction
- Customizable with several cylinder technologies
Contact us for your Medeco high-security lock needs by calling 713-659-3951 or visit our showroom located at 10218 F Westheimer Rd., Houston, TX. 77042